2014-2015 (project in collaboration with Quantis)
Context and objectives
- SCORELCA was created in March 2012 and aims to promote and organize collaborative work between stakeholders from the industrial, institutional and scientific sector. This will favor a positive, shared and recognized evolution of the global environmental quantification methods (in particular the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)) and will determine their practical implementation, at the european and international level.
- Founding members : Total, EDF, GDF Suez, Veolia, Renault, Saint-Gobain, ADEME, Record
- An inventory of the concepts, the issues and the works that was carried out related to the assessment methods of circular economy.
- Identify the most relevant methods to make an environmental (and economic) assessment of global and local material loops.
- Have reliable and supportive information to assess the environmental performance of existing or futur global and local material loops.
- Make recommendations on the most efficient methods and reliable indicators to assess the environmental efficiency of circular economy project.
- Presentation of the fundaments of Circular Economy and its appropriation by the industrial and private sector
- Identification of the main assessment methods
- Highlighting of the methodological issues, based on a review of the Circular Economy literature and projects.
- Application of those methodologies on concrete case of material loops.
- Make operational recommendations for the implementation of these methodologies.
For more information
- SCORELCA Association
Circular Economy diagram