Context and objectives
- Drosos Foundation, headquartered in Zurich, supports since 2009 the Green Chip Project AlJisr association in Morocco
- The project combines the collection of old computers and mobile phones, training in computer maintenance and dismantling of e-waste, with a target for youth employment and environmental protection.
- Evaluate the dismantling practices of electronic waste in the shop
- Compare shop practices versus international standards recommendations
- Establish an action plan for the upgrade of the shop according to international standards
- List of international standards for e-waste recycling
- Action Plan with recommendations concerning legal obligations, efficiency gain, health and safety, environmental protection, traceability and flow management as well as data erasing
- Support the implementation of the action plan including the organization of a training for the head of the shop in a disassembly unit in Switzerland.