- As part of the Métamophose project, the municipality of Lausanne has decided to include the plot of land of the Horticultural Establishment in the “Prés-de-Vidy” urban planning process, with the aim of changing the use of at least part of the said plot.
- In order to take strategic decisions for the future of the site, the municipality is seeking to quantify the financial and environmental impacts of the Horticultural Establishment’s current activities, and to open up the field of possibilities in terms of potential development scenarios.
Clear understanding of the current situation
- Current business model
- Main actors and their respective needs
- Actions in place for effective environmental management
Strategy for the evolution of the Horticultural Establishment’s business model in the coming years
- Economic, financial, environmental, social and organisational impacts
A support tool for decision-makers including:
A detailed « picture » of the current business model:
- The profitability of commercial and non-commercial activities,
- Good environmental practices,
- Environmental impacts (climate change, water footprint) during the production phase for the thirteen crops categories,
- The typology of the occupation of the ground surface area
A suggested action plan to eco-innovate the current business model, including proposals:
- To free up floor space,
- To optimise the management of the cemetery flower shops,
- To rethink the management of flowering flowerbeds and, ultimately, the range of plants produced in order, in particular, to limit the consumption of thermal energy during the production phase.