The Celero platform: detection of Industrial Symbiosis and Cleaner Production opportunities
Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN)
2014 – ongoing
Context and objectives
There is a lack of software based tools able to detect and facilitate the implementation of project combining Clean Production (RECP) and Industrial Symbiosis (IS). A partnership between the FHNW (Switzerland), ODAGEM (Turkey), TOBB University (Turkey), the UNIL (Switzerland) and Sofies SA (Switzerland) adressed this issue by proposing the development of the Celero platform. The goal is to develop a license-free international software to support decision making for companies and other stakeholders aiming to implement Cleaner Production and Industrial Symbiosis projects. The tool would be able to facilitate (1) In-house RECP, (2) Knowledge Transfer, (3) Supply-Demand-Match-Making-Network, (4) Infrastructure Symbiosis, (5) cost benefit analysis and (6) implementation
- Celero uses cost/benefit analysis and geographical information system (GIS) to highlight the best Industrial Symbiosis and Cleaner Production opportunities, helping companies to be more resource efficient.
- Celero offers a way to collect (eco-tracking system), store, manage and communicate information on material and energy flows
- Celero is designed to be flexible and easily configurable and will support the communication to managers and decision makers.
- Celero offers a platform for social networking between industries, experts and other stakeholders.
- Celero is free
For more information
Visit the Celero Platform
- The FHNW (Switzerland)
- The TOBB University (Turkey)
- OGADEM (Turkey)
- Lausanne University (Switzerland)