City of Sion-Economic Development Office
Context and objectives
- A city in transition with a growing impact on industrial zones (Rhône 3, Campus, greater Sion area, Traversée du Rhône, etc.)
- Low density, extremely heterogeneous industrial zones that generate considerable nuisances (landscape, noise, traffic, etc.)
- Planning and management of industrial zones is reactive and lacks suitable tools
- Support the development of industrial zones as much to optimize the operation of existing industry as to make the zone attractive to future investors
- Propose tools and business requirements to Sion’s economic development office to coordinate the zones
- Statistical analysis by industrial zone (demographics, sectors, jobs, land use)
- Interviews with key stakeholders and organization of working groups to identify focal points for a proposed strategy
- Current and future analyses of the industrial zones using a multicriteria tool (urbanization and landscape, economy, mobility, resources and environment, and services)
- Detailed strategy for 4 zones.
- Operational action plan for implementing an active land use policy thanks to a participatory process
- Business requirements for economic development (land management and planning, coordination of public-private partnerships, communications strategies).