Wealth Association of the Versailles Plain and the Alluets Plateau
Context and objectives
- Creation of the APPVPA in 2004 to bring together individuals and corporations representing local interests. This provided a space for reflection, assessment and proposal for the development of a sustainable development project in the area.
- Grouping of 24 towns representing 130,000 people, 17,000 hectares of which 8,000 are cultivated.
- Willingness for the Versailles Plain to be a pilot area in industrial and territorial ecology, financially supported by the FEADER fund, ADEME and the Ile-de-France Region.
- Conduct a feasibility study on four pilot projects of industrial and territorial ecology related to:
- The valorization of hot water treatment plant output
- The valorization of sludge for energy or material recovery
- The development of a local biomass energy sector
- The heat network development
- Study and detailed description of the examined systems.
- Confirmation of the potential re-use of hot water output from WWTP and pre-scaling.
- Comparative analysis of the opportunities of valorization of WWTP sludge through field visits and interviews with local stakeholders.
- Statistical report of available biomass resources of the area.
- Analysis of the heat demand of the Plain and the potential for heating network.
- Analysis of the stakeholder’s role in the local biomass energy sector.
- Guidelines for the development of local biomass energy sector.
- Preliminary studies for concrete possibilities of networks development
For more information
APPVPA (study summary in French): http://www.plainedeversailles.fr/association/document.php