HAROPA (Economic Interest Group including Ports of Havre, Rouen, Paris)
Objectives and outcomes
- Grouping of major French sea ports of Le Havre, Rouen and Paris into an Economic Interest Group (EIG): HAROPA
- The missions of HAROPA: enhancing the effectiveness of the main strategic port missions, conducting collective actions along the fluvial axis (Seine River), and developing a platform for experience sharing and best practices on various economic sectors and topics of interest.
- Industrial ecology identified as a priority strategy to revitalize the industrial fabric of the Seine Axis, and support its transition toward a new development model, incorporating the major challenges of sustainable development.
- Studying the feasibility of a transversal industrial ecology approach, federating industrial and port sites across the Seine Axis.
- Considering the increased use of the river as a leverage for the development of next-generation logistics and a catalyst to boost intercompany trade flows
- Initiating a dynamic between industries and project developers in various port sites to implement large-scale synergies.
- Phase 1: Industrial ecology feasibility study at the scale of the Seine Axis
– International experience benchmarking
– Territorial diagnosis across the Seine Axis
– Evaluation of industrial ecology potential for the Seine Axis territory
- Phase 2: Implementation of a Strategy for industrial ecology development across the Seine Axis
– Governance approach
– Action plan for implementation
For more information
HAROPA : http://www.haropaports.com/
Territory of Haropa