- Neumann Kaffee Gruppe
- HRN Stiftung
Objectives and outcomes
After Brazil, Vietnam is the second largest coffee producer in the world. With more frequent rainfalls during the harvest season, coffee drying is becoming a big challenge for farmers, as the traditional sun drying is not reliable .
The objective was to introduce the Pyrolysis technology into Vietnams coffee sector to provide reliable heat for drying and biochar, a valuable soil enhancer. The technology has to meet strict requirements: can be locally built and maintained, is compliant with international quality standards, can be integrated in existing drying systems and is affordable!
The outcomes were the following:
- Research and Development of a new Pyrolysis machine in Switzerland
- Technology transfer from Switzerland to a Vietnamese equipment provider
- Transforming the Pyrolysis system into a concrete business case.
- A successful market introduction in the coffee sector and first exports of equipment.
- The technology shows high potential to serve also for different agro-food industries, such as rice, coco, bamboo and cashew