Transversal and complementary skills to meet economic, environmental and social challenges
Assisting decision-makers to integrate the concepts of sustainability and materiality into their organization by prioritizing responses to environmental challenges that have been identified.
Assessments, surveys and diagnosis
Carrying out feasibility and opportunity studies for a given situation based on economic, environmental, technical, legal and organizational criteria.
Collaborative approach and participatory processes
Federating stakeholders around a project, a strategy or a process by promoting the emergence of collective solutions with high added value (facilitation methodologies, mediation and business games).
Action plan and roadmap
Structuring and preparing the implementation of solutions taking into account the socio-economic reality related to the project.
Project management and implementation
Optimising the financial, human and time dimensions of a project in order to achieve defined objectives by applying acknowledged standards.
Performance indicators and reporting
Monitoring of the environmental performance of projects and extra-financial communication based on acknowledged standards.
Study, understand and measure the achievement of objectives of a programme or project, utilizing a combination of analytical approaches and various qualitative and quantitative methods in order to develop recommendations aiming at improving the management, the implementation and overall, the efficiency and efficacy of an action.
Promotion and dissemination
Supporting the implementation of actions and the development of projects, chiefly by: creating relationships between stakeholders, activating our national and international networks, contributing to investment promotion campaigns and participating in conferences and publications.
Training the professionals of today and tomorrow by producing a quality education based on the exchanges and feedbacks of concrete experiences.
Alternative energy systems
Developing an alternative to fossil fuels with renewable and climate-positive energies
Energy producers and large consumers are facing technical, profitability and supply challenges in order to develop alternatives to fossil energy consumption.
Sofies offers adapted models by ensuring their technical and economical feasibility, in particular in the fields of photovoltaics (mutualisation, self-consumption, integrated infrastructure) pyrolysis of agro-industrial wastes, solid recovered fuels and co-processing in cement kilns.
Analyse and implement
- Assessment of alternative fuel supply chain and deposits
- Market and consumption patterns assessments
- Technology surveys, scenario development, recommendations
- Capacity building and stakeholders management
- Business model development and investment plans
Make industrial zones more sustainable, resilient and attractive through the implementation of synergies between companies.
Industrial areas are facing a strong competition to maintain and attract industries whilst needing to optimise the use of available resources. Coordination is essential to successfully pick up these various challenges.
Sofies proposes an alternative approach based on industrial ecology for the planning and management of industrial zones. This involves identifying and implementing synergies between companies, facilitating the dialogue between companies and public players, identifying sources of financing and developing innovative territorial marketing strategies.
Analyse and support
- Positioning and planning of industrial zones
- Identification and implementation of synergies between companies
- Development of adapted economic and governance models
- Development of guidelines and investment promotion
- Evaluation of the industrial zone’s performance and benchmarking
Managing sustainability in organizations
Support organizations through the management of their social and environmental responsibilities
In order to manage the challenges of a sustainable growth, organizations must comply with legal requirements, meet the expectations of their suppliers and customers, report and communicate appropriately and define priority actions related to their core business.
In order to help organizations overcome such challenges, Sofies provides technical and strategic support based on impact assessment methodologies and tools (life cycle assessments, carbon foot printing, natural capital valuation) and acknowledged reporting frameworks (GRI, TPS).
Establish the baseline and identify priorities
- Carry out environmental assessments
- Materiality analysis
- Identification of actions to be implemented
Development of actions plans
- Economic and technical feasibilities studies
- Mobilisation of human and financial resources
- Develop performance indicators
- Provide content for different communication media
Secondary Resources and urban mining
Turn waste into resources
Legal, economic and technical issues are as many challenges for the optimal management and valorisation of wastes for both public and private players. These issues are furthermore amplified in the presence of an informal recycling sector.
Sofies enables the emergence and optimisation of waste management systems by developing the legal framework and appropriate financial mechanisms, and by recommending appropriate technical solutions. Sofies has developed a unique expertise in particular in the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), household waste and various industrial waste sectors.
Analyse and plan
- Evaluation of waste deposits
- Technology surveys, scenario development, recommendations
- Technical and economic opportunity and feasibility studies
Project management and support to implementation
- Management of large international cooperation programmes
- Support to compliance schemes
- Implementation of collection solutions in emerging markets.
Ensure monitoring and compliance
- Monitoring of standards and of recycling quality
- Legal compliance services
Develop more sustainable and resilient territories thanks to an integrated and systemic approach
In order to ensure the harmonious development of a territory, it is necessary for opposing – and sometimes conflicting – interests of the various concerned stakeholders to converge (economy, urban planning, agriculture, environment or tourism)
In order to reach consensus with a real added value, we tackle such challenges with innovative approaches such as regional development, territorial planning, circular economic models or the development of new working methods such as co-working.
Assessment of the potentialities of a territory
- Market studies
- Sectorial benchmarks
- Resource mapping
- Spatial modelling
- Strategic environmental assessment
- Stakeholder analysis
- Public policy evaluations
Supporting territorial planning
- Definition of framework conditions for implementation
- Development of new business models
- Support for public policy development
Developing participatory processes
- Mediation and conflict resolution
- Elaboration, facilitation and support to participatory processes
- Project management
- Project management assistance
Sustainable production and processing
Strengthening long-term competitiveness through an optimal use of resources and energy
By consuming always more resources and energy, economic players must necessarily innovate to ensure an optimal decoupling between value creation and environmental impact. A challenge involving reducing production costs and improving product quality, resulting in the identification and development of new outlets while complying with the legal framework.
Sofies tackles such challenges by intervening along the value chain, the economic sector and the production unit based on the Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production approach (RECP), in particular in the agro-industrial, textile and tourism sectors.
- Sectorial analysis and benchmarks
- Value chain analysis
- Technology surveys
- Environmental audits in companies
Preparing for implementation
- Development of eco-innovation models
- Technical and economic feasibility studies
- Targeted investment promotion
- Technical support and capacity building
- Operational management support
- Performance monitoring
- Results valorisation and dissemination